insulation

Though I dreamt of a little log or stone  - how great would stone be?! - cabin in the woods for my studio, it seemed more prudent to repurpose a space already available to me and not spread my footprint any further than needed. One of the tasks in changing a barn or shed from storage to livable space is to consider how one will be kept warm, or otherwise in comfort protected from the elements. The search for eco-friendly insulation began. And I have been pondering this thought: if one was to use recycled newspaper shreds, would those stories, of fortunate events, sad happenings, shelter animals in need of caring homes, grandparents peacefully passing away, a sale on horse feed and end of season clearances on electric cars... lining your roof and walls and beneath the floorboards... could or would those fragments of stories shape your daily life unknowingly?

No comments:

Post a Comment